The Shanghai Pride Film Festival is accepting films until April 12th, 2020. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
ShanghaiPRIDE Film Festival (ShPFF) returns in June 2020 to celebrate 12 years of sharing onscreen stories about the love, hardships, growth and triumphs of LGBTQ individuals in China, Asia and around the world. ShanghaPRIDE’s cinematic component has come a long way over the past 12 years, evolving from a single film night to a vibrant festival that supports emerging Chinese filmmakers while showcasing international queer cinema to audiences in Shanghai.
– The festival has two Main Competitions: Chinese Short Film Awards and the World Cinema Competition.
– Films must have been produced after January 1, 2019 to be eligible.
– The Chinese Short Film Awards invite filmmakers to submit works of fiction, documentary, experimental film, animation, and more that tell stories about LGBTQ Chinese characters. The film length is limited to 40 minutes. Filmmakers of all backgrounds and experience levels are eligible.
– The World Cinema category invites filmmakers to submit works of fiction, documentary, experimental film, animation, and more that tell stories about LGBTQ characters. There is no limit to film length. Filmmakers of all backgrounds and experience levels are eligible.
– Films must focus on LGBTQ subjects (filmmakers themselves do not need to identify as LGBTQ).
– Films can be in any language. Films not in Mandarin Chinese MUST include Mandarin Chinese subtitles. Films not in English MUST include English Subtitles.
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: April 12th, 2020.
– Notification Date: May 10th, 2020
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/ShanghaiPRIDEFilmFestival
We remind readers that the bwill take place from June 13th – 21st, 2020 in Shanghai, China.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry