The Taipei Film Festival (Taiwan) is accepting films for the “International New Talent Competition” until April 1st, 2020. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
Founded in 2005, the “International New Talent Competition” aims to discover and introduce emerging talent in Taiwanese and international cinema, focusing on the potential of new filmmakers in their structuring, storytelling, grasp of themes, and aesthetic style. Each year, a jury of five international film industry professionals will jointly decide on the “Grand Prize” and “Special Jury Prize” among the selected international films, with the winning directors receiving prize money of NT$600,000 (approximately US$18,000) and NT$300,000 (approximately US$9,000), respectively. In addition, audiences may vote for their favorite film to determine the “Audience Choice Award”.
General Rules (New Talents Competition):
– Films must be a director’s first or second feature.
– Must have minimum length of 70 minutes and be available as 35mm print or DCP.
– Films should have Taiwan premiere except Taiwan productions.
– Non-Taiwanese films should be English subtitled if the dialogue is not English. Taiwanese films should have both Chinese and English Subtitles.
– Festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submissions are done via the festival’s website.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: April 1st, 2020.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.taipeiff.taipei/intc.aspx
We remind readers that the 22nd Taipei Film Festival will take place from June 25th – July 11th, 2020 in Taipei, Taiwan.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: call for entry