The Brussels Short Film Festival (Belgium) is now accepting short films for the International Competition until January 26th, 2020. Here you can find more information about their Call for Entry.
About the festival:
Brussels Short Film Festival is an exhibition intended for lovers of cinema, both audience and professionals. The purpose is to promote and circulate short films and to generate contacts between audience, young directors and professionals.
Since 2018, the winner of the Great Prize of the International competition will be eligible for consideration in the Animated Short Film/ Live Action Short Film category of the Academy Awards® without the standard theatrical run, provided the film otherwise complies with the Academy rules.
– The festival accepts all kind of genres.
– Short films should not exceed the 30-minute mark.
– Short films must have been produced after November 1st, 2018.
– Films have to be available for Festival screening on DCP non-encrypted (named according to the Digital Cinema Naming Convention) and mp4. codec ProRes – 20 to 30 Mbs – 1920 x 1080.
– For the screener, the film imperatively has to be understandable in English (for an English speaking film, the screener can be sent as it is or with French subtitles, for any other languages, English subtitles are mandatory)
– Students can submit to the festival under the “Next Generation” section ONLY. Conditions are the same as for International Shorts Section.
– The festival gives Cash Awards.
– Films submitted to selections for our competitions will automatically be indexed in the market catalogue and viewable by professionals attending the market. It’s also advisable to send the film with english subtitles.
– Submissions can be done via Short Film Depot (https://www.shortfilmdepot.com/en) or Fest Home (https://filmmakers.festhome.com/festivals#896).
– Submission Fees, Deadlines & Platforms:
To submit to the festival and read the Rules & Regulations please follow the next link: http://bsff.be/en/films-en/submit-your-film/
We remind readers that the 23rd Brussels Short Film Festival will take place from April 22nd to May 2nd, 2020 in Brussels, Belgium.
To see other Call for Entries please go to our section “Call for Entries”.
Categories: call for entry