The International Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival (KLEFF) will be accepting films until June 30th, 2019. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
The International Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival (KLEFF) is Malaysia’s first and longest-running environmental film festival, as well as in Southeast Asia. In the past eleven years, the Festival has reached out to approximately 90,000 people from Malaysia and other countries through its film screenings and programs at selected venues in Kuala Lumpur.
Conceptualised and organised by a not-for-profit environmental organisation, EcoKnights, the Festival is a platform to facilitate the building of a nation of ecologically conscious businesses, individuals, and communities through on-ground activities and film screenings focused on critical environmental issues and stories such as pollution, transboundary haze, indigenous people’s rights, wildlife protection, nuclear energy, climate change, sustainable food production, waste management, local environmental heroes and more.
This year’s theme is “Climate Action…Now!” – an interdisciplinary theme that consists of the environment, ecology and sustainable development in a comprehensive sense.
– The festival accepts Feature Documentaries (+45 min.), Short Films (-45 min.), Animations and Public Service Announcements (PSAs).
– Films should cover climate change and environmental topics, but can certainly overlap with social, economic, spiritual, or other themes.
– The festival gives Cash Awards.
– Films should have English subtitles.
– Although there is no indication as for the production year requirement. We advise filmmakers to send movies produced in the last 2 years.
– Malaysian Filmmakers can submit their movies directly to the KLEFF website (https://kleff.my), International Filmmakers have to submit via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees:
– Submission Deadlines:
*Regular Deadline – May 31st, 2019
* Late deadline – June 30th, 2019
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/kleff
We remind readers that the 12th International Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival will take place from October 7th – 13th, 2019 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: call for entry