The Busan International Film Festival is accepting Short Films from Asia (until June 26th) and Feature Films (until July 31st). Here you can find more information about their call.
About the festival:
The Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) held annually in Haeundaegu, Busan (Korea) is one of the most important film festivals in Asia, together with the Hong Kong International Film Festival and the Tokyo International Film Festival. Since the first edition in 1996, the festival aim to introduce new films and first-time directors to the world. Another notable feature is the appeal of the festival to young people, both in terms of the large youthful audience it attracts and through its efforts to develop and promote young talent.
– The festival accepts accepts features, short films, documentaries and animation.
– The film must not be broadcasted on TV or available on the Internet prior to the Festival.
– IMPORTANT: The festival gives priority to World or International Premieres.
-The film must have been completed no earlier than October 2018 and should be completed no later than September 2019.
– Films previously submitted to the Festival but not selected will not be reconsidered.
– Non-Asian short films are NOT open to submission.
– Feature Films should be 60 minutes or more.
– Asian Short Films should be less 30 minutes or less.
– Submission Forms can be download from the website.
– Films in any language other than Korean or English must be provided with English subtitles.
– Should the film be selected, it must be available in either DCP(D-Cinema), 35mm, HDCAM, or (Digi)Beta.
– Date of notification: End of August 2019.
– Submission Fee: FREE
* Short Films – June 26th, 2019
* Feature Films – July 31st, 2019
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: http://www.biff.kr/eng/addon/10000001/page.asp?page_num=459
We remind readers that the 24th Busan International Film Festival will take place from October 3rd – 12th, 2019 in Busan, South Korea.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: call for entry