The Freedom Film Fest (Malaysia) is accepting films (until May 1st) and proposals (for film grants – until March 15th). Here you can find more information about their call.
The Freedom Film Network (FFN) is a not-for-profit body established to support and develop social documentary filmmaking within the context of freedom of expression and values contained in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights(UDHR) in Malaysia.
The 17th Freedom Film Fest (FFF) will take place from September 20th to 28th (2019) and will focus on wealth inequality – an issue of global significance. With that in mind, FFF2019 is now calling for film grant proposals and submissions of completed film entries that take inspiration from the Malaysian phrase “Harga Naik, Gaji Maintain” (“Soaring Prices, Stagnant Wages”).
On this issue Anna har Executive Director of the FFF said ““An increase in the wealth of the nation doesn’t seem to have translated to a better quality of life for the majority. Why is that? What are the factors driving this issue? We are searching for stories which spark debate, identify problems and look for alternative solutions to wealth inequality.”
Call for Entry Rules:
– Films completed after January 2016 are eligible for submission.
– The festival accepts feature documentaries above 40 minutes, short Documentaries below 20 minutes and Student Short Films under 10 minutes (Only for Malaysian & Singapore from higher education institutions).
– The festival is particularly interested in films with these topics: Corruption, Discrimination, Indigenous Perspective, Fair wages and conditions of work, business and corporate accountability, etc.
– All films must either be in English or have English subtitles. English transcripts must be provided for translation to Bahasa Malaysia.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: May 1st, 2019.
Film Grants Rules:
– Submission of Film grant proposal are open to Malaysians and Singaporeans ONLY.
– Grants of up to MYR 5,000 and SGD 5,000 cash are available for fresh or unfinished documentary films about Malaysia and Singapore.
-Grantees will also have access to video production equipment and production support from the Freedom Film Network.
– Applicants will need to send in their story idea and pitch to a panel of judges if shortlisted.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: March 15th, 2019.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://freedomfilm.my/news/freedomfilmfest-call-for-film-entries-focusing-on-wealth-inequality
We remind readers that the Freedom Film Fest will take place between September 20th – 28th (2019), in Klang Valley, Malaysia.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: call for entry