The Shanghai International Film Festival (China) is accepting films until March 31st, 2019. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
Founded in 1993, Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF) is the only competitive film festival in China approved by FIAPF. SIFF focuses on awards, markets, forums and film exhibitions so as to build an international platform, and promote the development of the Chinese film industry.
In recent years, with the increasing growth of China’s economic strength and the rise of its international status, Chinese films have attracted more and more attention from people around the world, and SIFF, held in June annually, has become a great event for filmmakers worldwide, whose universal industry appeal, international influence, and effect on the world’s multicultural film culture and development of the film industry have also been praised by people inside and outside the industry.
– The festival has four main categories; Golden Goblet Award for Feature Films, The Asian New Talent Award, the Goblet Award for Short Films and the International Panorama.
– As a general rule films must have been completed after June 1st, 2018.
– The festival accepts Feature Films (+70 minutes), Documentaries (+70 minutes), Animations (+60 minutes) and Short Films (under 40 minutes).
– In the case of the Golden Goblet Award, the film shouldn’t have been screened at other FIAPF accredited non specialized competition film festival before the SIFF. Also the film shouldn’t have been released commercially other than their country of origin.
– In the case of Short Films; previews, adds films and TV series pilots are not eligible. Also films must not be exhibited publicly or distributed anywhere in any nontheatrical form before the festival.
– World Premiere or International Premiere is preferred.
– Films in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: March 31st, 2019 (basic information of the film must arrive on May 20th, 2019).
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: http://www.siff.com (You will need to register)
We remind readers that the 22nd Shanghai International Film Festival will take place from June 15th – 24th, 2019 in Shanghai, China.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: call for entry