The Melbourne International Film Festival (Australia) is accepting films until March 29th, 2019. Here you will find more information about their call for entry.
The Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) is a not-for-profit organization that has been continuously running since 1952, making it the leading film festival in Australia and one of the world’s oldest film festivals, alongside Cannes and Berlin. Presenting a curated global program of innovative screen experiences and the world’s largest showcase of exceptional Australian filmmaking, MIFF is an accessible, iconic cultural event that provides transformative experiences for audiences and filmmakers alike.
The MIFF is an Australian cultural icon which has had an essential role in putting Melbourne on the national and international cultural map. It has also been a key player in building a sense of community and connectedness in Melbourne. The festival has an innate appreciation of its famously loyal audience, all of whom come to MIFF for bold, entertaining and adventurous programming, the delight of the shared festival experience, and to discover something new about themselves, or the world around them.
– Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2018.
– Films must not have been/will not be screened in the state of Victoria, Australia, in any form prior to August 19, 2019. This includes television and internet broadcasting. The only exceptions to this requirement are for private screenings held for cast, crew or investors, and film school graduation screenings.
– Films must be in their original language with English subtitles if the original language is not English.
– The only competition section is the Short Film Competition. The rules for this sections ar: All Films completed after 1 January 2018, 40 minutes and 29 seconds or less in length (including credits), not available in entirety for download or viewing online, including DVD release, theatrically exhibited (excluding graduation and cast and crew screenings) or broadcast on Australian television (cable or free-to-air), and have the Victorian premiere screening at MIFF, are eligible for competition.
– Submissions must be done via Withoutabox.
– Submission Fee:
International Features – $110 AUD (Regular) | $130 AUD (Late)
International Shorts + VR – $90 AUD (Regular) | $110 AUD (Late)
Australian Features – $100 AUD (Regular) | $120 AUD (Late)
Australian Shorts + VR -$80 AUD (Regular) | $10 AUD (Late)
Regular Submission – February 1st, 2019
Late Submission – March 29th, 2019
We recommend filmmakers to read the FULL Rules & Regulations here: http://miff.com.au/submissions
We remind readers that the 68th Melbourne International Film Festival will take place from August 1st – 8th, 2019 in Melbourne, Australia.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: call for entry