Dear Asian filmmakers, the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (USA) is accepting Indian short films until June 6, 2023.
About the festival:
The Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) brings to Los Angeles audiences the most innovative independent films coming out of South Asia and its diasporas, in a vibrant program comprising features and shorts, including narrative, documentary and animated works.
Note: Feature Films will be curated by invitation only. Please contact the festival for more information.
– Eligible for the festival are films from South Asia (defined here as Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka); films by filmmakers of South Asian descent worldwide, irrespective of theme; films with key creatives of South Asian descent (defined here as director, writer, producer or lead cast); and films by international filmmakers worldwide, with a prevalent South Asian focus.
– Films must have been completed in 2021 or later.
– Films must have at least Los Angeles Premiere. Films must not be available online or on streaming services, on or before the festival dates.
– Films must be submitted in English or with English language subtitles.
– Student submissions require proof of student status. To qualify for a student discount, a film must be registered as a student project on FilmFreeway and the filmmaker must be, or have been, enrolled in an accredited school at the time of the film’s production. At the time of submission, a picture of the filmmaker’s student ID must be emailed to Anna Li, IFFLA’s Programming Coordinator, at ali(at)indianfilmfestival.org.
– Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 15, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/iffla (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 21st Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles will take place from October 12 – 15, 2023 in Los Angeles, United States.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply