Dear Asian filmmakers, the Mulan International Film Festival (Canada) is accepting films until May 31, 2023.
About the festival:
The Mulan International Film Festival is a federally incorporated not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to showcasing the best of Chinese-language films and pan-Chinese cinemas. The aim of the Festival is to facilitate appreciation of pan-Chinese cinemas across Canadian communities and inspire the audience to discuss contemporary conflicts, challenges and opportunities from a global perspective.
– Either the main language of the film (>50%) is a Chinese language, or the film focuses on Chinese culture or the lives of the people residing in China and/or the Chinese diaspora.
– The festival accepts feature films (over 60 minutes), and short films (under 20 minutes).
– The feature film must be the director’s 1st or 2nd film.
– The film must have been completed on or after January 1st, 2022.
– The festival accepts all kind of genres (Fiction, Documentary, Experimental and Animated).
– Only one film per director is accepted.
– Films must NOT have been released in Canada in any form, including but not limited to theatre, broadcast, home entertainment, online streaming and Video On Demand (VOD).
– An online screener of the film must be provided and made available for streaming. No DVD, Blu-ray or other physical screeners are accepted.
– All films must be presented in English, or their original language(s) with English subtitles. The costs of subtitling are to be borne by the filmmaker or a relevant body.
– Submissions must be made via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: July 10, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://mulanfestival.com/2023-call-for-submission/
To submit to the festival please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/mulaniff
We remind readers that the 4th Mulan International Film Festival will take place from August 11 – 19, 2023 in Toronto, Canada.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply