The Aichi International Women’s Film Festival (Japan) is accepting films until April 22, 2023.
About the festival:
The Aichi International Women’s Film Festival has supported the advancement of women in society and promoted international exchange between women since its launch in 1996. They screen films directed by female directors, invite world-famous female directors and rising female directors, and hold guest talks and symposium that provide the participants with opportunities to exchange their views and ideas in order to promote the realization of a gender-equal society.
– Live Action (Narratives and Documentaries)
– The director of the film MUST be female.
– All themes are welcome, regardless of age, professional background, or winning award.
– Films must be completed after January 1st, 2022.
– The festival accepts animations and live-action films of all genres including drama and documentary.
– Must be films running less than 50 minutes (including end credits).
– Should not have been broadcasted on Japanese terrestrial television prior to September 18th, 2023.
– For non-Japanese language films, Japanese subtitles or English subtitles are required. Finalists will be also required to submit the script in original-language and in English with time code for Japanese subtitles.
– Film entries must be submitted on DVD-Video (NTSC, region-free, without copy protection).
– Applying with multiple works is acceptable.
– Submissions are done via the festival’s website.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: April 22, 2023
– Notification Date: July 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.aiwff.com/2023/en/about_aiwff/call_for_entries/
To submit an Animation film please visit: https://forms.gle/wm5Ac4HvGPN3hESZ8
To submit a Live Action film (narrative or documentary) please visit: https://forms.gle/ANQ8iHdhikbmGoPR7
We remind readers that the 28th Aichi International Women’s Film Festival will take place from September 15 – 18, 2023 in Aichi, Japan.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply