Dear Asian filmmakers, the Festival du Nouveau Cinéma de Montréal (Canada) is accepting films until May 14, 2023.
About the festival:
A lively, bold, popular, innovative event! For more than 50 years, the FNC has been showcasing national and international auteur cinema, treating audiences to works of diversity and originality by emerging and major filmmakers. Our focus on the NEW is threefold: new creators, new approaches and new technologies. Dean of Canadian film festivals and a major Quebec event, the FNC presents every year over 200 works from 60 different countries to celebrate the best of today’s cinema!
– The festival accepts short films (under 59 minutes), feature films (over 59 minutes), and new media art works (virtual or augmented reality, installation, immersive work).
– Films must have been produced after January 1, 2022.
– Works previously submitted and rejected by the festival are not eligible for consideration.
– Feature films require Quebec Premiere, and Short Films require Canadian Premiere. New media works require Canadian premiere (exceptions can nonetheless apply on a case by case basis upon discussions with the programming team).
– Films and artworks that have been presented prior to our dates, via an online platform accessible in all over Canada (Canada-wide geoblocked) DO NOT qualify for submission.
– Works must be subtitled in either French or English if the original language is neither French nor English.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 10, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/NouveauCinema (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 52nd Festival du Nouveau Cinéma de Montréal will take place from October 4 – 15, 2023 in Montréal, Québec, Canada.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply