The Mini Film Festival (Malaysia) is accepting short films until May 15, 2023.
About the festival:
Mini Film Festival is the longest-running short film festival in Malaysia annually held by the Cinematography Programme, Faculty of Applied and Creative Arts, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak. This ever-flourishing film festival is now stepping into its 19th year with the support of many passionate individuals.
– The Open Category is open to all Malaysian filmmakers, who hold any of the following roles during the production of the submitted film(s): Producer, Director, Assistant Director, Scriptwriter, Cinematographer, Production Designer, Location Audio/ Sound Crew, Sound Designer, and/ or Editor. The production location can be anywhere in the world, so long as one of the crew (role mentioned above) in the film holds Malaysian citizenship.
– The Student’s Category is open to students with Malaysian citizenship whose film was produced when enrolled in schools or higher learning institutions, Malaysia or elsewhere, are eligible to participate. The production location can be anywhere in the world, so long as one of the (student) crew in the film holds Malaysian citizenship.
– All type of genres are accepted (narrative, documentary, experimental, and animation).
– Films should not exceed the 40-minute mark.
– Films must have been produced after January 1, 2021.
– Participants may work in groups or submit entries as individuals.
– All content that is submitted in the language(s) other than English is required to have English subtitles included.
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: May 15, 2023
– Notification Date: July 19, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/MiniFilmFestival (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 19th Mini Film Festival will take place from July 20 – 23, 2023 in Kota Samarahan, Malaysia.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply