Dear Asian filmmakers, the Vancouver International Film Festival (Canada) is accepting films until June 2, 2023.
About the festival:
Driven by passion and curatorial excellence, VIFF encourages understanding of the world’s cultures through the art of cinema. We believe that film has a unique ability to celebrate the complexity of the human condition and that it is our responsibility to steward that power toward creating meaningful change in our world.
Founded in 1982, The Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society is a not-for-profit cultural organization that operates the internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) and the year-round programming of the theatres at the VIFF Centre.
Eligibility (International Films):
– The festival accepts feature films (over 40 minutes) and short films (under 40 minutes).
– Films must have been completed after June 1, 2022.
– Submitted feature films must not have been broadcast, distributed on VOD/home video, or screened in-person either at another festival or theatrically in the Vancouver area.
– Submitted short films must not have been broadcast, or screened in-person either at another festival or theatrically in the Vancouver area.
– All non-English language submissions must have English subtitles.
– All applicable licenses and waivers of copyrights, moral rights, trademarks and other such intellectual property rights have been secured by the filmmaker(s)
– Submission fees are non-refundable.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 5, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://viff.org/festival/submissions/#international-submissions
To submit to the festival please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/VIFF
We remind readers that the 42nd Vancouver International Film Festival will take place from September 28 until October 8, 2023 in Vancouver, Canada.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply