Dear Asian filmmakers, the Asian American International Film Festival (USA) is accepting films until April 10, 2023
About the festival:
The Asian American International Film Festival (AAIFF) is proudly known as “The First Home to Asian American Cinema.” Organized by Asian CineVision, it’s the first and longest-running festival dedicated to showcasing the moving image work by media artists of Asian descent for and about the Asian diaspora experience. The Festival takes place in New York City, the second-largest Asian American market in the U.S. Every year, AAIFF attracts audiences from all five boroughs of New York City, the tri-state region, and around the world.
– The festival accepts films that have at least one person of Asian descent from any nationality in a key creative role i.e. Director, Writer, Producer, DP, etc. OR represent the Asian diaspora experience.
– Submissions must be completed after January 1st, 2022.
– The festival accepts feature (over 40 minutes) and short films (under 40 minutes) from any genre (fiction, documentary, experimental).
– All primarily non-English language films must include English subtitles. English language films with subtitles for accessibility are strongly encouraged.
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: July 5, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/aaiff (This is the submission link)
We remind readers that the 46th Asian American International Film Festival will take place from July 26 until August 6, 2023 in New York, USA.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry