Dear Asian filmmakers, the Uppsala Short Film Festival (Sweden) is accepting short films until May 31, 2023.
About the festival:
Taking place in the university city of Uppsala, in the city’s classic cinema district, the Uppsala Short Film Festival is a meeting place for audience and film industry. During the seven days of the festival, 300 short films are screened in four cinemas. Among the cinemas are Slottsbiografen, where the famous Swedish director Ingmar Bergman discovered cinema as a child. Buyers, distributors and festival representatives have access to a video library during the festival. The festival offers filmmakers many opportunities to meet their audience, and discussions are held both at the screenings and at special director’s talks.
– The festival accepts short films (under 40 minutes) of all genres (narrative, documentary, experimental, and animation).
– Entries must have production year 2022 or 2023.
– A film can be submitted only once, including if it’s submitted as a work in progress. A work in progress should have an introductory still frame detailing the work still to be done.
– Preview copies with other than English or Swedish dialogue/commentary must come with hardcoded subtitles in English, or they will not be considered.
– Entry must be made via Shortfilmdepot or FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 15, 2023
To submit via Short Film Depot please go here: https://www.shortfilmdepot.com/en/home/festivals/details/id/45/festival/uppsala-short-film-festival
To submit via FilmFreeway please go here: https://filmfreeway.com/UppsalaShortFilmFestival
We remind readers that the 42nd Uppsala Short Film Festival will take place from October 23 – 29, 2023 in Uppsala, Sweden.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry