The Shanghai International Film Festival (China) is accepting films until March 31, 2023.
About the festival:
Founded in 1993, Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF) is the only competitive film festival in China approved by FIAPF. SIFF focuses on awards, markets, forums and film exhibitions so as to build an international platform, and promote the development of the Chinese film industry.
– Main Competition
– Asian New Talent
– Documentary Competition
– Animation Competition
– Short Film Competition
– Panorama Section
– Films must have been complete after June 1, 2022.
– The festival accepts feature films (over 70 minutes).
– For the Main Competition, Documentary Competition, and Animation Competition films has not been selected in an international section (competitive or not) of other FIAPF-accredited non-specialized competitive film festivals before SIFF; Film that has not been released commercially other than their country of origin.
– For the Asian New Talent, the film must be the first or second film from an Asian director.
– Documentaries must be submitted for the Documentary Competition.
– The festival accepts animated features (over 60 minutes) in the Animation Competition.
– Short Films (under 40 minutes) must not be exhibited publicly or distributed anywhere in any nontheatrical form before the Festival. Nontheatrical public exhibition or distribution includes but is not limited to: Broadcast and cable television; PPV/VOD; DVD distribution; Internet transmission.
– The festival prioritizes World or International Premieres.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: March 31, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.siff.com/english/content?aid=101221220112306374845721863524357769
To submit to the festival please visit: https://register.siff.com/siff-film-reg/#/en-US/Login (You will need to register)
We remind readers that the 25th Shanghai International Film Festival will take place on June 2023.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply