Dear Asian filmmakers, the Semaine de la Critique (France) organized by the French Union of Film Critics, is accepting films until March 10, 2023.
About the festival:
Created in 1962 by the French Union of Film Critics as a parallel section of the Cannes Film Festival, La Semaine de la Critique focuses on discovering new talents, revealing first and second feature films. Such directors as Jacques Audiard, Alejandro González Iñarritu, Ken Loach, François Ozon, Wong Kar Wai or in more recent years César Augusto Acevedo, Julia Ducournau, David R. Mitchell, Santiago Mitre, Jeff Nichols or Rebecca Zlotowski were discovered by La Semaine de la Critique.
– The festival accepts shorts (under 59 minutes) and feature films (over 60 minutes).
– Feature Films must be the director’s first of second feature film.
– Must have been completed within the 12 months prior to the date of the Festival (between May 2022 and Cannes 2023).
– For foreign short and feature films: must not have participated in any festival outside its country of origin (whether it is in competition or out of competition).
– Films must not have been shown on the Internet or broadcasted on TV, or commercially released outside its country of origin.
– Films submitted for preselection can be presented: Without subtitles if the original language is French or English, or With French or English subtitles for all other original languages.
– Entry fees are not refundable.
– Submission Fee:
* Short Films – 30 Euros (may include VAT depending on your location)
* Feature Films – 140 Euros (may include VAT depending on your location)
– Deadline: March 10, 2023
– Notification Date: Mid-April 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.semainedelacritique.com/en/regulations-2023 (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 62nd Semaine de la Critique will take place from May 17 – 25, 2023 during the Cannes Film Festival.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply