Dear Asian filmmakers, the ShortFest – Palm Springs International Short Film Festival (USA) is accepting short films until February 1, 2023.
About the festival:
The Palm Springs International ShortFest is one of the largest showcases of short-form cinema in North America. The seven-day competitive festival is Academy Award, BAFTA and Goya-qualifying, annually screening hundreds of shorts from approximately 60 countries. ShortFest accepts submissions up to 40 minutes in duration, in the form of both fiction and non-fiction shorts. Categories include Animation, Documentary, and Live-Action.
– The festival accepts all kind of genres (narrative, documentary, experimental, and animation).
– The festival accepts short films produced between 2022 and 2023.
– Short Films should not exceed the 40-minute mark (including credits).
– If selected, shorts must be available for projection in DCP.
– All non-English-language shorts must have English subtitles.
– No Premiere status required.
– Student films are eligible.
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: May 20, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/PalmSpringsInternationalShortFest
We remind readers that the 29th Palm Springs International ShortFest will take place from June 20 – 26, 2023 in Palm Spring, California (USA).
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry