Dear Asian filmmakers, the Porto Femme International Film Festival (Portugal) is accepting films until January 15, 2023. Films made by women and non-binary filmmakers are accepted.
About the festival:
The Porto Femme – International Film Festival is a place of exhibition and dissemination of multiple and diverse realities, in an attempt to equal the film circuit between all genders. The Festival intends to create a space of visibility for the women of the cinematographic world, being a point of sharing, debate and creation for all those who love cinema.
– International Competition
– National Competition
– Students Competition
– XX Element Competition
– Thematic Competition
Eligibility (International Films):
– Films made by women and non-binary filmmakers are accepted.
– The XX Element Competition is open to all.
– Films should have been produced after January 1, 2020.
– Films should not be available online.
– Participants must submit their works in one of the Competitions and consequent categories presented (fiction, animation, documentary or experimental).
– The festival accepts feature films (over 40 minutes) and short films (under 40 minutes). Experimental films should not exceed the 20 minute mark.
– The Student Competition accepts Films made by women and non-binary filmmakers who have made the film during their school years, regardless of their level of education, with no age limit or films submitted by a director, or any country restriction.
– Submissions are made on the following platforms: Filmfreeway, Festhome, Click for Festivals, FestAgent, WFCN and Movibeta.
– The festival organization will not pay screening rights for films selected at the festival.
– Selected films may not be withdrawn after their participation in the Festival has been officially announced.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: March 1, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://tinyurl.com/4p9r3xnd (PDF File)
We remind readers that the 6th Porto Femme International Film Festival will take place from April 18 – 23, 2023.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry