Dear Asian filmmakers, the CPH:DOX – Copenhagen International Documentary Festival (Denmark) is accepting documentaries (completed after September 1) until December 1, 2022.
About the festival:
“CPH:DOX is working on becoming the best film festival in and for the world. We insist on freeing the transformative potential of art and documentary films. The appealing form of the documentary film allows for the communication of complex issues in an intimate, reflective and profound manner. And no matter whether the topic is political, philosophical, experimental or focused on a narrow section of the world, documentary films expand and question the viewer’s conception of the world.
The festival programme at CPH:DOX ranges from the works of major international directors to new talent, from spectacular premieres to experimental film/video works in the field between cinema and visual art. The programme goes beyond the traditional boundaries and offers new perspectives on the intersection between cinema and media art, which has been key to CPH:DOX’ success.”
– The festival accepts documentaries of any duration (feature and short films).
– The festival also accepts VR and AR experience.
– For the competition section the festival gives priority to World Premieres.
– For the non-competitive sections, only Danish premieres are required.
– Films that have already been shown in Denmark or on national Danish television, or have been available on VOD platforms accessible from Denmark, are not eligible for selection.
– All films are screened in original language versions with English subtitles unless the dialogue is already in English.
– Submission Fees:
Films over 30 minutes – 300.00 DKK (approx. 40.00 EUR)
Films below 30 minutes – 150.00 DKK (approx. 20.00 EUR)
* For films completed before April 1, 2022 – September 1, 2022
* For films completed after September 1, 2022 – December 1, 2022
– Notification Date: Mid-February 2023
*Films selected for the festival are notified immediately
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://cphdox.dk/rules-and-regulations/
To submit to the festival please visit: https://cphdox.dk/submit-film/
We remind readers that the CPH:DOX – Copenhagen International Documentary Festival will be held from March 15 – 26, 2023.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry