The Busan International Short Film Festival is accepting international short films until January 5th (2023) and Korean short films until January 20th (2023).
About the festival:
BISFF has established itself as the “Hub of Asian Shorts” by introducing various new short films from around the world every year, while also promoting Korean short films to the world. The purpose of BISFF is to discover and introduce outstanding short films directed around the world. Moreover, BISFF aims to bring the world’s latest and hidden gem-like shorts in the spotlight.
The BISFF is a qualifying festival for:
– Academy Awards – Oscars® (Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences)
– Premios Goya (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España)
– Canadian Screen Awards / Prix É crans Canadiens (Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television/Académie Canadienne du Cinéma et de la Télévision)
– British Academy Film Awards – BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts)
– Films must have been completed after January 1, 2022.
– Films must not exceed the 30-minute mark (including ending credits).
– The festival accepts all kind of genres (fiction, animation, documentary, experimental).
– Korean Premiere is NOT required.
– There is no limitation on the number of films per entrant.
– Films must be submitted via Shorfilmdeport (ONLY for International Filmmakers) or Festhome (both Korean and International Filmmakers).
– All non-English speaking films must have English subtitles.
– Deadlines & Submission Fees:
– Notification Date: February 24, 2023
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: http://www.bisff.org/kor/file/2023/2023_BISFF_Rules_&_Regulations.pdf
To submit via ShortFilmDepot please go here: https://www.shortfilmdepot.com/en/home/festivals/details/id/67/festival/busan-international-short-film-festival
To submit via FestHome please go here: https://filmmakers.festhome.com/festival/busan-international-short-film-festival
We remind readers that the 40th Busan International Short Film Festival will take place from April 25 – May 1, 2023 in Busan, Korea.
Discover more Call for Entries here: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry