The DisOrient Asian American Film Festival (USA) is accepting films until December 16, 2022. *Only for Asian/Pacific Islanders*
About the festival:
As Oregon’s premiere Asian American film festival, DisOrient is celebrating 18 years of presenting the richness and breadth of Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander stories and voices. We are committed to promoting social justice and increasing AANHPI representation. We don’t limit to specifically AANHPI stories, but invite submission of good stories that feature Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders in front of and/or behind the camera, in wide-ranging roles.
While the Pacific Northwest is not known for its diversity, DisOrient proudly maintains this platform to amplify diverse voices–and your film will have an impact! Home to the University of Oregon and host of the Track and Field World Championships, Eugene is both down to earth and internationally recognized. Our festival attracts an eclectic, intelligent audience that enthusiastically supports our festival. DisOrient is known for thoughtfully curated films and friendly Eugene hospitality, and is a favorite among attending filmmakers.
– Films must have been completed after November 30, 2020.
– Filmmakers, writer, producer, cinematographer, or main actor should be Asian American/Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
– Films should be about an Asian American/Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander experience or subject.
– Films must be made with Asian Americans/Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders as the target audience.
– Festival accepts Features & Documentaries (above 40 min.), Short Films (narrative & documentaries | below 40 min.) and Music Videos (under 10 min.).
– The festival will not provide waivers.
– The festival doesn’t give refunds to unqualified submissions.
– All submissions must be digital.
– Films submissions MUST be done via FilmFreeway (See link below).
Submission fees and deadlines:
– Notification Date: January 20, 2023
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DisOrientAsianAmericanFilmFestivalofOregon
We remind readers that the 18th DisOrient Asian American Film Festival will take place from March 10 – 12, 2022.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry