The Hong Kong – Asia Film Financing Forum (HAF) is accepting projects for the In-Development Project (IDP) until October 31, 2022. The selected IDP projects will be invited to meet with investors and film company representatives, and to compete for cash and in-kind awards.
About the HAF:
The Hong Kong – Asia Financing Forum (HAF) is recognized as one of the most important film financing platforms in Asia with many projects successfully completed and exhibited. HAF21 will take place from 13 – 15 March 2023, in conjunction with the Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (FILMART) in Hong Kong. The selected IDP projects will be invited to meet with investors and film company representatives, and to compete for cash and in-kind awards.
– The applicant MUST be the copyright owner of the submitted material, or is authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the submitted material.
– The project must be a full-length (60 minutes or longer) feature film with a director, producer and a production company attached.
– Projects must have a proposed budget and not fully financed.
– Must display a high market potential for Asian and/or international market.
– Exhibit both artistic and commercial qualities must be present.
– Accepts projects at any stage of production.
– Priority will be given to projects that have not been participated in any other project markets.
– A completed Online Project Submission Form
– One-sentence synopsis (30 words in English; 60 words in Chinese)
– Synopsis (200 words in English; 250 words in Chinese)
– Director’s Statement (200 words in English; 250 words in Chinese)
– Director’s Biography and Filmography (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese)
– Producer’s Biography and Filmography (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese)
– Production company profile (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese)
– Treatment (1,000 words in English; 2,000 words in Chinese)
– Budget Plan (template)
– Submission fee.
– Teaser Key image/ Project poster image (2 files max., size limit 500kb each)
– Director’s previous work, rough cut video or footage of project (HAF only accepts video clips available on online streaming platforms. Please include up to two links to your video in the submission form. The link(s) has to be valid until 31 January 2023. Please provide the password if the link(s) is protected)
– Full Script (in electronic format ONLY).
Submission period and fare:
1 Early submission discount is offered to applicants whose payments are made via Online Payment or Telegraph Transfer on/before 20 Sep 2022 (23:00 HKT for online submission; postmarked for submissions by post).
2 “New Director” means a director who has no directorial feature or documentary film project (running time 60 minutes or longer) that has been commercially released in any country/region.
* ETICKETS.HK is HAF’s authorized service provider to handle online payment for the HAF online submission system. Online payments made by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Unionpay and American Express), ApplePay, FPS, Payme, Paypal, Alipay and Wechat Pay are accepted.
Once the transfer is completed, please notify them by sending an e-mail with the bank advice to hafentries(at)hkiff.org.hk. Please include
1. Your application number (if applicable, in format of H23xxxx),
2. Name of Project and
3. Amount of payment.
HKIFFS bank account details can be found in the links below.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules & Regulations here: https://industry.hkiff.org.hk/en/haf/idp
To submit your projects please go to: https://idp.hafapplication.com/
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Leave a Reply