The Dharamshala International Film Festival (India) is accepting films until August 31st, 2022.
About the festival:
The Dharamshala International Film Festival was started in 2012 by filmmakers and Dharamshala residents, Ritu Sarin and Tenzing Sonam. It is held annually in McLeod Ganj, a town that is best known as the exile home of the Dalai Lama. Focusing on showcasing the best of independent films from India and around the world, the festival has gained a reputation for its eclectic and adventurous programming, its beautiful mountain setting, and its intimate and cinema-literate atmosphere. DIFF attracts the finest indie filmmakers, film critics and film lovers, not just from India but from across the world. In 2020, DIFF was the first and only major film festival in India to go entirely online. This extended the reach of DIFF across South Asia and enabled many new viewers to participate in the festival.
– Only films that are original in their story-telling and use of cinema language, and that meet the highest international standards, will have a chance of being selected.
– All films should be independently produced. Independently produced films which have been acquired by digital platforms are also eligible for submission.
– The festival accepts feature films above 40 minutes and short films under 40 minutes.
– Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2021.
– Films should have Dharamshala Premiere status.
– Entries are accepted in all languages. All non-English language films should contain English subtitles.
– Selected films cannot be withdrawn once the agreement has been signed.
– Selected films need to send downloadable DCP or movie files.
– Only HD format films are accepted.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: October 1st, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the Rules & Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DharamshalaInternationalFilmFestival
We remind readers that the Dharamshala International Film Festival will take place in cinemas and online from November 3rd – 6th, 2022 in Dharamshala, India.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply