Dear Asian filmmakers, the Hawaii International Film Festival is accepting films until July 15, 2022.
About the festival:
As the vanguard forum of international cinematic achievement in the Asia-Pacific region, Hawai‘i International Film Festival (HIFF) endeavors to recognize new and emerging talent, promote career development and original collaborations through innovative education programs, and facilitate dynamic cultural exchange through the cinema arts.
Note: The festival accepts films made by students but only from Hawaii. We included rules only for categories that accept international production.
– Films may be of any length, and of any genres, including features, documentaries, shorts, student films, series, and experimental films.
– Films must have been produced after January 1, 2021.
– Films must not have had any commercial, theatrical, video on demand, or television play in Hawai’i (Hawai’i premiere requirement).
– Feature-length films must not have had any public or festival screenings in the state of Hawai’i.
– Films with World Premiere and US Premiere are highly recommended.
– The Festival will consider works-in-progress, films with temporary soundtracks, digital outputs, and work that did not originate from film.
– All films with dialogue in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival presentation.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 26, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/HIFF
We remind readers that the 42nd Hawaii International Film Festival will take place from November 3 – 27, 2022 on the islands of O‘ahu, Kaua‘i, Maui, and the Big Island and online nationwide.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply