The Taiwan International Queer Film Festival is accepting films until April 30, 2022.
About the festival:
The Taiwan International Queer Film Festival (TIQFF) was stablished in 2014 and is organized by the Taiwan International Media and Education Association (TIMEA). The festival aims to establish themselves as the premier LGBT film festival in all of Asia. It is important not only to present to the Taiwanese people LGBT films from around the globe, but also to showcase the best Taiwanese queer cinema on the international stage. The organizers believe this will be the start toward a better understanding of the visions of the world.
– The content or context of submission work must have at least one or more related subjects such as LGBTQI+ storytelling, LGBTQI+ character representation, gender and cultural diversity or body politic.
– The festival accepts all type of films (short, feature, documentary & experimental films).
– Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2020.
– Must have English subtitles, including the trailer. Must have Traditional Chinese and English subtitles if the film is made in Taiwan, Hong Kong or China.
– Work-in-progress and rough cuts are not eligible.
– Taiwanese Short Film Competition, the director or producer must be Taiwanese who holds valid Taiwanese citizenship (Alien Resident Cards included)
– Submission Fees:
* International Features: $ 10 USD ($ 5 Students) | FilmFreeway Gold Members FREE
* International & Taiwanese Short Films: $ 5 USD ($ 2 Students) | FilmFreeway Gold Members FREE
– Deadline: April 30, 2022
– Notification Date: May 30, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/tiqff_2022
We remind readers that the Taiwan International Queer Film Festival will take place from August 26 – September 12, 2022 in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry