Dear Asian filmmakers, the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (Czech Republic) is accepting films until March 31st, 2022.
About the festival:
The Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (hereafter “Festival”) is a non-specialized film festival accredited by the International Federation of Film Producers’ Associations (FIAPF) in the “Competitive Feature Film Festivals” category. The Festival’s aim is to contribute to the development and promotion of artistic cinema and film industries. The following Rules and Regulations are subject to the Regulations for International Film Festivals issued by FIAPF.
– Accepts feature films (fictions and documentaries).
– Production of films submitted for participation must have been completed within the 18 (eighteen) months prior to the starting date of the Festival.
– Films should be at least 60 minutes in length and must be world, international or European premiere in order to be considered for the program.
– Films must not have participated in any other international competition at any festival prior to the dates of the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (films may have participated in non-competitive festivals, including festivals accredited by FIAPF in the “non-competitive festivals” category, or in national competitions at festivals in the films’ country or countries of production).
– Submitted films must not have been released anywhere (including festival screenings, DVD release, or television or internet broadcast) more than 18 (eighteen) months prior to the starting date of the Festival.
– Films submitted for pre-selection must be presented in their original language version; without subtitles if the original version is Czech or English, or with English or Czech subtitles if the original version is in any other language.
– Films that have been submitted for Festival consideration in previous years are eligible for submission to the 56 th Karlovy Vary IFF only if the film has undergone significant changes since it was last submitted.
– Only online screeners are accepted as preview screeners for preselection. DVD, Blu-ray and other formats are not accepted. An online screener must be valid (with the same password) until June 9, 2022.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here (This is also the submission link): https://www.kviff.com/docs/2022/Rules_and_Regulations_56thKVIFF.pdf
We remind readers that the 56th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival will take place from July 1st – 9th, 2022 in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry