The Film Southasia (FSA) is accepting documentaries until December 31st, 2021. Entries must necessarily be on Southasian themes or subjects, while the filmmakers need not be Southasian.
About the festival:
Film Southasia (FSA) is a biennial festival held in Kathmandu, Nepal, initiated in 1997 to popularise documentaries that inform, entertain and transform lives. In between festivals, a package of fine and representative films travel the region and overseas as mini-festivals titled Travelling Film Southasia (TFSA).
Note: This festival was moved from it’s original date in December 2021 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
-Entries must necessarily be on Southasian themes or subjects, while the filmmakers need not be Southasian.
– Entries may cover any subject pertaining to Southasia: from people, culture, lifestyle and adventure to environment, economy, politics and history.
– The festival accepts feature and short documentaries, short films must be over 10 minutes.
– The festival accepts documentaries made after January 1st, 2019.
– Films made in this period that have been submitted to FSA in previous years, but have not been selected, may be submitted again.
– Entries that have not been released publicly will receive some priority.
– Films may be in any Southasian language, but have to be subtitled or dubbed in English.
– Submission Fee: FREE for all categories
– Deadline: December 31st, 2021
– Notification Date: February 15th, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.filmsouthasia.org/fsa21-call-for-submission/
We remind readers that the Film Southasia will take place from April 21st – 24th, in Kathmandu, Nepal.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry