The DisOrient Asian American Film Festival (USA) is accepting films until January 7th, 2022. *Only for Asian/Pacific Islanders*
About the festival:
“We are celebrating 17 years as the premiere Asian American film festival in Oregon! We proudly present the rich diversity of Asian American and Pacific Islander stories. Our goal is for increased AAPI representation in film–not limited to AAPI stories, but any good story that features Asian American/Pacific Islanders in front of and/or behind the camera, in wide-ranging roles. For 17 years we’ve been centering the Asian American narrative and showcasing the fullness of Asian American independent films. We are known for our great films and friendly Eugene hospitality and we bring our community together through our films, discussions and outreach.
We are planning for a 10-day virtual 2022 festival, with an in-person Opening Night event. We are committed to a healthy gathering and will make adjustments as challenging times require. We will continue to provide a platform celebrating Asian American filmmakers and stories, and to raise the voices of marginalized communities.”
– Entries must have either a principal that identifies as Asian/Pacific Islander (writer, producer, director, main actor, cinematographer) – or be about an Asian/Pacific Islander experience or subject – or be made with Asian/Pacific Islanders Americans as the target audience.
– To be considered for competition, entries must have completed production after November 30th, 2019.
– Festival accepts Features & Documentaries (above 40 min.), Short Films (narrative & documentaries | below 40 min.) and Music Videos (under 10 min.).
– Films submissions MUST be done via FilmFreeway (See link below).
– Submission fees and deadlines:
– Notification Date: February 11th, 2022
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DisOrientAsianAmericanFilmFestivalofOregon
We remind readers that the 17th DisOrient Asian American Film Festival will take place from April 1st – 10th, 2021.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry