The Hong Kong International Film Festival is accepting short and feature films until December 31st, 2021.
About the festival:
The Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF) is one of Asia’s most reputable platforms for filmmakers, film professionals and filmgoers from all over the world to launch new work and experience outstanding films. As a competitive event, the HKIFF serves as a platform for international film exchange, to promote better understanding between global cultures, and to discover new talents from around the world.
– For the Young Cinema Competition (Chinese Language or World Films): The festival accepts features (+60 minutes) which are either 1st, 2nd or 3rd films of the directors.
– For the Documentary Competition: The festival accepts documentaries (+60 minutes).
– For the Short Film Competition: The festival accepts any type of film (fiction, docs, animation, experimental, etc.) not exceeding a duration of 20 minutes. Films should be in H.264 or ProRes digital file as its screening format.
– Films in all categories must have been completed after 1st January 2021.
– Except Hong Kong productions, films must not have been shown in Hong Kong prior to the Festival screenings.
– English subtitles are required for non-English language films.
– Films previously submitted to the Festival and were not selected, will NOT be reconsidered for the 46th HKIFF.
– Submissions can be made via Online (at the festival’s website), via FilmFreeway (https://filmfreeway.com/HKIFF) or by Post (download the entry form).
– Deadlines and Submission Fees:
* Highlighted prices are for FilmFreeway’s Gold Members
– Notification Date: March 7th, 2022.
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.hkiff.org.hk/society/CallForEntries
We remind readers that the 46th Hong Kong International Film Festival will take place from March 31st – April 11th (2022) in Hong Kong.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply