The Tokyo International Film Festival (Japan) is now accepting films until July 16th, 2021.
About the festival:
The Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF), the only Japanese ﬁlm festival accredited by the International Federation of Film Producers Associations (FIAPF). TIFF started in 1985 as Japan’s ﬁrst major ﬁlm festival. Since then, it has grown to become one of the biggest ﬁlm festivals in Asia. TIFF seeks out excellent ﬁlms from around the world and brings them to Tokyo, where ﬁlmmakers and ﬁlm fans can enjoy them, meet emerging ﬁlmmakers, and be inspired.
Regarding the structural changes to their sections, in the main Competition, they have revised the selection criteria for premieres. Until last year, priority was placed on films that would have a TIFF Asian Premiere, but the TIFF will now also consider submissions for films that will have a Japan Premiere. The Japanese Cinema Splash section will now be integrated into the Asian Future section, since both were created to open doors for young creators, giving them great exposure and helping them thrive. This change will encourage Japanese directors to compete with other Asian directors of the same generation for awards.
TIFF’s main Competition will continue to showcase films that provide glimpses of the world from around the globe, while the Asian Future section will highlight films by up-and-coming Asian directors, including those from Japan and Middle East, who have directed no more than three feature-length films.
– Must be films (feature or documentary) completed after January 1st, 2021.
– Should not have been screened at main competition sections of “competitive feature film festivals (non-specialized)” accredited by the FIAPF prior to TIFF.
– Must have its Asian Premiere at TIFF. World and International Premieres are given priority. Japanese films must have its World Premiere.
– Feature Films must have a running time over 60 minutes.
– Short Films are not eligible.
– Submissions must be done via the festival’s website.
– Screening material should be in digital format (in high definition), with English subtitles
– TIFF will invite the director(s) and the lead actor/actress of selected film for Competition Section.
– The festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submission Fees: FREE
– Deadline: July 16th, 2021
– Notification Date: Mid-September 2021
To read more about the Rules and Regulations please follow the next link: https://www.tiff-jp.net/entry/competition2021/index_en.html (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 34th Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF) will take place from October 30th to November 8th , 2021 in Tokyo, Japan.
Categories: Call for Entry