The Taichung International Animation Festival (Taiwan) is accepting short animated films until June 30th, 2021.
About the festival:
Taichung International Animation Festival (TIAF) is organized by Taichung Film Development Foundation (TFDF) with the support of the Information Bureau of Taichung City Government. TIAF is the only city film festival in Taiwan that features solely animation. Founded in 2015, TIAF has established itself as a major international animation festival, popular among moviegoers and animators, domestic and abroad alike. In 2017, TIAF launched Short Film Competition with awards totaling TWD 1.2 million (approx. 36,000 USD), a draw to global filmmakers as well as encouragement for Taiwanese filmmakers to submit their innovative projects. The 7th edition of TIAF will be held in October 2021 in Taichung, Taiwan.
– The festival accepts animations created by whatever the techniques and medium.
– Films must be completed after January 1st, 2020.
– Must never be entered the competition in any version previously.
– The maximum film running time including credits should not exceed 25 minutes.
– To submit “Taiwanese Short Films” and “Taiwanese Student Short Films”, the director must obtain the nationality of Taiwan (R.O.C.) with validated documents, OR more than half of the production cost originated from Taiwan (R.O.C.), OR more than half of the production crew are Taiwan (R.O.C.) nationals with validated documents.
– Except for films with no dialogue, the non-Chinese-speaking films must be subtitled in English. The Chinese-speaking films should be subtitled in both English and Chinese.
– The festival gives cash awards to the winners.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: June 30th, 2021
– Notification Date: July 31st, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the FULL Rules & Regulations here (This is the submission link): https://twtiaf.com/2021rg/index.php
We remind readers that the Taichung International Animation Festival will take place on October 2021 (tentative date) in Taichung, Taiwan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry