The San Diego Asian Film Festival (United States) is accepting short film (until June 25th) and feature films (until July 16th). Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
Since 2000, the San Diego Asian Film Festival has been one of the premier platforms for Asian American cinema and has grown into the largest showcase of Asian and Pacific Islander cinema in the western United States. The festival is borne out of the love for independent film and the desire to showcase the diverse Pan Asian experience through film and other arts.
SDAFF supports both Asian and non-Asian artists by giving them a venue to showcase their work, and it gives the community access to quality films that otherwise would never show in San Diego.
– Films/videos entered into competition must be directed or principally acted by an artist of Asian or Pacific Islander descent, or contain subject matter relating to Asian or Pacific Islander cultures or communities.
– The festival accepts narrative features, narrative shorts, documentary features, documentary shorts, and animation shorts.
– Entries must have been completed after August 1, 2020. For feature-length films, the date of first public premiere (if any) must be after October 1, 2020.
– Feature length entries (over 40 minutes) cannot have been previously exhibited in San Diego at a film festival or commercial venue, or be available for broadcast, home video, or online for American audiences, before Nov. 1, 2021.
– Short films (below 40 minutes) previously exhibited on the Internet are eligible for entry.
– Non-English dialogue must be subtitled in English.
– Films/videos cannot be re-entered into competition if previously rejected by the San Diego Asian Film Festival.
– Submissions MUST be done via FilmFreeway (see link below).
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: July 31st, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/SanDiegoAsianFilmFestival
We remind readers that the 22nd San Diego Asian Film Festival will take place from November 4th – 14th, 2021 (tentative due to Covid-19 Pandemic) in San Diego (California), United States.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry