We present the Online programme of the 45th Hong Kong International Film Festival which will take place from April 1st – 12th, 2021. *Films available only for people in Hong Kong*
This year the 45th HKIFF will go hybrid in cinemas and online. During the 12-day extravaganza, over 190 titles from 58 countries and regions, of which 10 are world, 11 international and 43 Asian premieres, will be presented in close-to 230 screenings in theatres, and nearly 60 films are available through online platform.
We prepared this guide on how to order your festival pass or tickets. We also share the schedule and programme for the online version of the HKIFF.
– Online Pass (Limited Availability) $ 1.800 HKD
– Screenings of Malmkrog, Minamata Mandala, Reiwa Uprising $ 65 HKD
– Single Ticket $ 50 HKD
How to Order:
– Single tickets and passes are available for purchase from 10 am on March 18th, 2021. Patrons may not purchase more than 1 Online Pass per transaction. There is no limit for single ticket purchases.
– Patrons must create and account at the HKIFF Online before purchasing tickets or passes.
– The HKIFF only accepts payment by credit card (Mastercard, American Express or VISA) for any ticket or pass purchase.
– Your credit card issuer may charge a transaction fee on top of your purchases. Please contact your credit car issuer to learn more about what fees may apply, if any. The Hong Kong International Film Festival Society (HKIFFS) is not responsible for these non-refundable fees.
Guide on Ticket and Pass Purchase
– Patrons who purchase an Online Pass shall be entitled to access ALL HKIFF 45 Online content between 1 and 12 April 2021.
– Online Pass is personal and non-transferable. No discount is applicable.
– Only a limited number of Online Passes are available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis.
– Online passes are non-returnable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, whether in full or in pro-rata, under any circumstance.
– HKIFF 45 Online single tickets are refundable ONLY if the festival cancels a screening due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control. In such an event, they will refund payment directly through the credit card account used to purchase the ticket, less any transaction fee charged by the credit card issuer. Except as stated herein, HKIFF 45 Online single tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
Each film will be available for viewing for 72 hours. Once the viewing starts, the purchased content can only be accessed within 24 hours.
For more information on how to watch films please read the official Online Audience Manual
Online Screening Schedule:
April 1st, 2021 | Thursday
Charlatan by Agnieszka Holland
Kubrick by Kubrick by Grégory Monro
The Last City by Heinz Emigholz
Sole by Carlo Sironi
April 2nd, 2021 | Friday
Malmkrog by Cristi Puiu
Only the Animals by Dominik Moll
Peckinpah Suite by Pedro González Bermúdez
Verdict by Raymund Ribay Gutierrez
April 3rd, 2021 | Saturday
Bad Tales by Fabio & Damiano D’Innocenzo
The Fever by Maya Da-rin
Fire Will Come by Oliver Laxe
I Am Not Alone by Garin Hovannisian
Mindanao by Brillante Mendoza
April 4th, 2021 | Sunday
Accidental Luxuriance of the Translucent Watery Rebus by Dalibor Baric
Endless Night by Eloy Enciso Cachafeiro
Ghost Tropic by Bas Devos
The Horse Thieves. Roads of Time by Yerlan Nurmukhambetov, Lisa Takeba
Making Waves: The Art of Cinematic Sound by Midge Costin
April 5th, 2021 | Monday
A Leave by Leen Ra-hee
Aznavour by Charles by Charles Aznavour, Marc di Domenico
Short Film Competition Programme I
Son-Mother by Mahnaz Mohammadi
State Funeral by Sergei Loznitsa
April 6th, 2021 | Tuesday
Andrey Tarkovsky. A Cinema Prayer by Andrey A. Tarkovsky
Careless Crime by Shahram Mokri
Irradiated by Rithy Panh
Short Film Competition Programme II
Where is Pinki? by Prithvi Konanur
April 7th, 2021 | Wednesday
Hidden by Jafar Panahi + 180 Rule by Farnoosh Samadi
Asia by Ruthy Pribar
Hopper / Welles by Orson Wells
Marghe and Her Mother by Mohsen Makhmalbaf
Short Film Competition III
April 8th, 2021 | Thursday
Avant Garde Short Programme
Brother’s Keeper by Ferit Karahan
The Kingmaker by Lauren Greenfield
Marona’s Fantastic Tale by Anca Damian
The Whaler Boy by Philipp Yuryev
For more information, please visit the official HKIFF website: https://www.hkiff.org.hk