The Aichi International Women’s Film Festival (Japan) is accepting films until April 24th, 2021.
About the festival:
The Aichi International Women’s Film Festival has supported the advancement of women in society and promoted international exchange between women since its launch in 1996. They screen films directed by female directors, invite world-famous female directors and rising female directors, and hold guest talks and symposium that provide the participants with opportunities to exchange their views and ideas in order to promote the realization of a gender-equal society.
– The director of the film MUST be female.
– All themes are welcome, regardless of age, professional background, or winning award.
– Films must be completed after January 1st, 2020.
– The festival accepts live-action films and animation of all genres including drama and documentary.
– Must be films running less than 50 minutes (including end credits).
– Should not have been broadcasted on Japanese terrestrial television prior to September 5th, 2021.
– For non-Japanese language films, Japanese subtitles or English subtitles are required. Finalists will be also required to submit the script in original-language and in English with time code for Japanese subtitles.
– Film entries must be submitted on DVD-Video (NTSC, region-free, without copy protection).
– Submissions are done via the festival’s website. Entry form can be downloaded from there too.
– The festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: April 24th, 2021
– Notification date: July 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.aiwff.com/2021/about_aiwff_en/film_work_recruitment (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 26th Aichi International Women’s Film Festival will take place from September 2nd – 5th, 2021 in Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture (Japan).
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply