The Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival (Japan) is accepting International documentaries until April 15th (2021) and Asian Docs until May 15th (2021). Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
Located in a verdant, rolling valley far north of Tokyo, Yamagata City is the site for Asia’s first international documentary film festival. The first Film Festival (in 1989) was an event to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Yamagata City, the sponsor of the festival at the time, and has been held biennially ever since in Yamagata’s best season, October.
– The final form of the work is 16mm or 35mm film print, or video/digital format (DCP, Blu-ray, video files etc).
– The work has not been released publicly in Japan (screenings in theaters or TV broadcast) prior to being presented at YIDFF 2021. Japanese films are exempt from this rule.
– The work is completed after April 1, 2019.
– Shorts will not be accepted.
New Asian Currents:
– Works by artists from or living in Asia.
– There are no restrictions on format (film or video/digital), length of work, or style.
– Films must be uploaded to a designated server or submitted on DVD during the entry submission period. They do not accept internet links (YouTube, Vimeo etc.), delivery by online file storage service nor USB flash drive.
– Submissions may also be made by sending two DVD copies of the film (region 0 / DVD-Video format). Blu-ray disk is NOT acceptable.
– Subsmission Fee: FREE
* International Competition – April 15th, 2021
* New Asian Currents – May 15th, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: http://www.yidff.jp/2021/entry/21entry-e.html
We remind readers that the Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival will take place from October 7th – 14th, 2021 in Yamagata, Japan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry