The DisOrient Asian American Film Festival (USA) is accepting films until December 31st, 2020. Here you can find more information about their call for entry. *Only for Asian/Pacific Islanders*
About the festival:
“We are celebrating 16 years as the premiere Asian American film festival in Oregon! We proudly present the rich diversity of Asian American and Pacific Islander stories. Our goal is for increased API representation in film–not limited to specifically API stories, but any good story that features Asian American/Pacific Islanders in front of and/or behind the camera in wide-ranging roles. For 16 years we’ve been centering the Asian American narrative, seeking to represent the fullness of America.
With the uncertainty of COVID-19 restrictions in the Spring, we are planning a VIRTUAL festival for 2021. We will continue to provide a platform for Asian American filmmakers and stories and raise the voices of marginalized communities.” – DisOrient Asian American Film Festival of Oregon
– Entries must have either a principal that identifies as Asian/Pacific Islander (writer, producer, director, main actor, cinematographer) – or be about an Asian/Pacific Islander experience or subject – or be made with Asian/Pacific Islanders Americans as the target audience.
– To be considered for competition, entries must have completed production after November 30th, 2018.
– Festival accepts Features & Documentaries (above 40 min.), Short Films (narrative & documentaries | below 40 min.) and Music Videos (under 10 min.).
– Films submissions MUST be done via FilmFreeway. (See link below)
– Submission fees and deadlines:
– Notification Date: February 5th, 2021
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here (this link is also for submitting your film): https://filmfreeway.com/DisOrientAsianAmericanFilmFestivalofOregon
We remind readers that the 16th DisOrient Asian American Film Festival will take place from March 22nd – 28th, 2021 at the University of Oregon in Eugene (USA).
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: call for entry