The Busan International Film Festival’s BIFF Academy and 37th Degree, a global moving images production company, are calling projects for their Short Film Project Contest for Asian filmmakers until September 7th, 2020. Here you will find more information about their call.
About the the BIFF:
Established in 2019, BIFF Academy efficiently manages and operates the Busan International Film Festival’s educational and support programs for Asian filmmakers, including Asian Cinema Fund (ACF), Asian Film Academy (AFA), and Asian Project Market (APM). The BIFF Academy plans to provide practical and high-quality educational and support programs by developing existing programs as sustainable programs as well as launch diverse new programs.
About 37th Degree:
37th Degree, is a production company with offices in Seoul, New York and Milan, providing production services for films, videos and commercials around the world as well as producing its own films and multimedia projects.
– They accept fiction or documentary short film projects of all genres.
– Projects should not exceed the 15-minute mark.
– The director must be of Asian nationality, living and working in Asia.
– The director has directed at least one short film.
– Submissions must be done via the BIFF official website (link below).
– Mandatory Project Information: Project Information (title, estimated running time, genre, budget, production plan, etc.), Logline (300 characters including spaces), Synopsis (1200 characters including spaces), Director’s Statement (1200 characters including spaces), Director’s Profile (600 characters including spaces)
– Mandatory Submission Materials: Fiction (script) / Documentary (Project Proposal), Online Link of Director’s Previous Work.
– Winners will get a fund of maximum of 10,000,000 KRW ($ 8,400 USD) per project.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: September 7th, 2020 (5:00 pm GMT +9)
– Notification Date: Early October 2020
The FULL Rules and Regulations can be found here: CALL FOR PROJECTS
To see other Call for Entries please go to our section “Call for Entries”
Categories: call for entry