The Jeonju International Film Festival (Korea) is accepting films until January 20th, 2020. Here you will find more information about their Call for Entry.
About the festival:
Launched in 2000, Jeonju IFF is now recognized as Mecca of independent film festival of Asia and the widest window of avant-garde cinema around the world. While you can find latest waves of Korean independent scene in Korean Film Competition, International Competition introduces new talents across the world and showing the potential of new cinematic aesthetics. A number of new, rising filmmakers have been introduced to the world stage by Jeonju IFF and it resulted in that the awardees of Jeonju IFF have been critically acclaimed by international film festivals scene. The directors with the Grand Prize include Suwa Nobuhiro, Apichatpong Weerasrtakul, LiuJia-yin , Denis Cote, YING Liang, Matías Piñeiro and Sherad Anthony Sanchez.
– Entries must be made after January 2019.
– Feature films must be 40 minutes or more, and Short Films must be 40 minutes or less.
– The festival accepts feature and short films of any genre (fiction, documentary, experimental and animation).
– International Competition and Korean Competition entries must be the first or
second feature of the director(s). Korean Competition for Shorts Films entries are
unrelated to it section. However, the entries must be up to the third feature of the director(s).
– Only Korean Films can be submitted to Korea Cinemascape, non-competitive.
– Films should be Asian Premiere, which means the film has not been presented in any Asian countries and won’t be before the Jeonju International Film Festival 2020. The festival gives priority to World Premieres.
– In the case films have been released on DVD or Blu-ray or have been previously published through the Internet or mobile platforms, it will be not eligible for any of the Jeonju IFF official sections. (However, it’s available to be shown to private screening such as the graduation screening of the school.)
– Submissions must be done ONLY at the Festival’s official website. Submitters must register as a member of the festival website to submit online.
– Submission is completed ONLY when the online screening link for previews is uploaded along with the entry form.
– Submission of Korean films is only available on the official Festival website in Korean. Please visit and submit your Korean films on http://jeonjufest.kr/
– English subtitles must be provided if the original language of the film is non-English.
– This festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submission fee: FREE
– Deadline: January 20th, 2020 (18:00 pm Korean Standard Time).
We recommend filmmakers and producers to read the full Rules & Regulations here: http://entry.jeonjufest.kr/en/submission.asp
We remind readers that the 21st Jeonju International Film Festival will take place from April 30th to May 9th (2020) in Jeonju, Korea.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry