The KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival is accepting films until January 31st, 2020. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
The KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival is the first LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer) film festival in India to be held in a mainstream theater, and the first LGBTQ film festival in India to receive clearance from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Founded in 2010, the festival has grown from strength to strength, attracting close to 9000 footfalls over the 4 1/2 days of the festival at two/three venues. The festival, every year, has screened 110 – 180 films that include shorts, documentaries, features – all centered around LGBTQ themes. The festival also attracts topline Bollywood celebrities, prominent filmmakers and media personalities, and receives every year over 150 write-ups in mainstream press in India and globally.
– The festival welcomes filmmakers across the world to submit features, documentaries, shorts and animations that highlight or focus on LGBTQI lives and issues.
– Films should be completed after January 1s, 2018.
– Films under 60 minutes will be considered short films and films over 60 minutes are considered featured films.
– All films not in English should have English subittles.
– Films submitted for earlier editions of the festival and not accepted cannot be submitted again. Re-submission of the same or re-edited films will not be approved and all fees are non-refundable.
– The Festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date – March 15th, 2020
You can submit and read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/KASHISH2020
We remind readers that the 11th KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival will take place from May 20th – 24th, 2020 in Mumbai, India.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry