The DisOrient Asian American Film Festival (USA) is accepting films until November 25th, 2019. Here you can find more information about their call for entry. *Only for Asian/Pacific Islanders*
About the festival:
DisOrient is the premiere Asian American film festival in Oregon. For 14 years, we have presented the rich diversity of Asian American and Pacific Islander stories. We use the W.E.B. DuBois standard “for us, by us, or about us” when selecting films. Our festival serves as a launching point for understanding, inquiry and action. We goal is for increased API representation in film–not only just with API stories, but any good story that features Asian American/Pacific Islanders on screen in wide-ranging roles. We are proud to showcase and promote the work of AAPI filmmakers and actors.
DisOrient Asian American Film Festival promotes the diversity of Asian American and Pacific Islander experiences. We break open the one-dimensional stereotypes of the “Oriental” and advocate for diversity and inclusion in mainstream media. DisOrient believes in the power of film to educate and positively transform our communities and the world.
– Entries must have either a principal that identifies as Asian/Pacific Islander (writer, producer, director, main actor, cinematographer) – or be about an Asian/Pacific Islander experience or subject – or be made with Asian/Pacific Islanders Americans as the target audience.
– To be considered for competition, entries must have completed production after November 30th, 2017.
– Festival accepts Features & Docs (above 40 min.), Short Films (narrative & docs | below 40 min.) and Music Videos (under 10 min.).
– Films submissions MUST be done via FilmFreeway. (See link below)
– Submission fees and deadlines:
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: http://disorientfilm.org
You can submit to the festival here: https://filmfreeway.com/DisOrientAsianAmericanFilmFestivalofOregon
We remind readers that the 15th DisOrient Asian American Film Festival will take place from March 12th – 15th, 2020 at the University of Oregon in Eugene (USA).
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry