The Seoul International Women’s Film Festival is accepting movies until May 31st, 2019. Here you can find more information about their Call for Entry.
The Seoul International Women’s Film Festival (SIWFF) is a unique and influential event presenting new values and the alternatives from a feminist perspective among Korean international film festivals. The festival contributes to the development of women’s positive values and plays an essential role establishing a network between Asian and the other countries. SIWFF provides the ways to promote and exhibit Korean women’s films abroad by discovering and supporting women in film industry. It also helps Korean film industry develop and have diversity. Forming future-oriented, alternative culture, SIWFF contributes to the development of the balanced Korea culture to improve Korean national image.
– Films that present various aspects of life from a woman’s perspective or provide insight into gender issues.
– Films must be by a female director
– All genres including fiction, documentary, animation and experimental film can be accepted.
– Films must have been completed after June 1st, 2018.
– The festival accepts feature films (+60 minutes) and short films (-40 minutes).
– International Competition: Feature films only, must be a female directors’ 1st or 2nd film. Films must have Korean Premiere.
– Korean Competition: Feature films only and must be directed by a Korean female director.
– Asian Shorts Competition: Short films only and films must be directed by a female director from Asia.
– I-Teens Section: Short films only and films must be directed by a Korean female director
– In case of non-English films, the screeners without English subtitle will be accepted when submitted but English subtitle must be inserted on the print after your film is selected.
– The festival gives Cash Awards to the Winners.
– Notification date: Mid July 2019
– Submission Fee: Free
– Deadline: May 31st, 2019
For submitting to the festival and read the full rules and regulations please go to this link: Call For Entry
We remind readers that the 21st Seoul International Women’s Film Festival will take place from August 29th – September 5th (2019) in Seoul (South Korea).
To see other Call for Entries please go to our section “Call for Entries”.
Categories: call for entry