The Bogotá Short Film Festival is accepting short films until August 6th, 2019. Here you can find more information about their Call for Entry.
About the festival:
The goal of the Bogotá Short Film Festival is to disseminate and promote short films whose aesthetic, technical and narrative quality sets them apart for greater distribution within the Colombian and international cultural and film sectors. The festival is conceived as a means to launch and promote the careers of directors seeking a greater impact for their audiovisual works in short format.
General Rules (for International Films):
– Short Films MUST be produced after January 1st, 2018.
– Short Films must NOT exceed the 30 minute mark (with opening and closing credits).
– The festival accepts Fiction, Documentary, Animation, Experimental and Videoclip.
– Short films with horror, sci-fi, fantasy or related genres can be submitted for the F3 – Fan Freak Fantastic Competition.
– VR short films can also be summited for the VR Competition.
– Premiere in Colombia is mandatory to participate in any of the competitions. Meaning the shorts may not have had ANY public exhibition in Colombia.
– Short films that have been published on the Internet will NOT be accepted (there will be a verification in the selection process). Videoclips should not meet this requirement.
– A director, producer or distribution company can submit more than one (1) short film.
– For the pre-selection process, the short films should have subtitles in Spanish or English in the case of not being spoken in one of these languages. For the festival’s screenings, selected short films spoken in Spanish must have English subtitles; those spoken in English must have Spanish subtitles; and short films not spoken in Spanish or English, must be subtitled in both languages. The producers are committed to deliver the subtitled screening copy as necessary.
– All the submitted films, not selected in the previous competitions, are susceptible to be selected in other informative – noncompetitive sections in the festival, like the International Animation Panorama, Specials, chiquiSHORTS, among others.
– The festival gives Cash Awards.
– The Finalists will be announced on Tuesday, October 29th, 2019.
– Submission must be done via ShortFilmDepot.com
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
For submitting to the festival and read the full rules and regulations please go to this link: FULL RULES & REGULATION PDF
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If you discovered this call for entry thanks to this publication and you send your movie please let us know. We want to know how much of an impact we are having in the Asian cinema industry.
We remind readers that the 17th Bogotá Short Film Festival will take place from December 3rd – 10th, 2019 in the city of Bogotá, Colombia.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: call for entry