The Taiwan International Ethnographic Film Festival is accepting films until March 10th, 2019. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
Founded in 2001, the biennial festival is Asia’s oldest and longest running international ethnographic film festival. For 18 years TIEFF has served to promote outstanding documentary films from around the world that are innovative, educational, and entertaining. These films, directed by both new and established filmmakers alike, all share a commitment to portraying stories and social practices from around the world in a culturally sensitive way. In addition to the main festival in Taipei, TIEFF also sponsors a touring festival, bringing a portion of the selected films to communities and classrooms across Taiwan the following Spring.
TIEFF takes a flexible stance regarding what counts as an “ethnographic” film, including not just works made by anthropologists but also films made by professional filmmakers who display an ethnographic sensibility in their work. That means films which are made in an ethical manner without sensationalizing their subjects. Films that are the product of a long term close collaboration between filmmaker and subject are especially welcome. This year’s theme is “Vision of Sovereignty”, explores our relationships with our land, our bodies, and with each other.
– All films submitted to the festival must have been completed between 2017 and 2019.
– Films should display an ethnographic sensibility.
– Films on any topic will be considered, but special consideration will be given to the films that match the festival’s theme “Vision of Sovereignty”.
– Entries in any language other than either English or Chinese should be subtitled in one of those two languages.
– Films should be more than 12 minutes and less than 210 minutes.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: March 10th, 2019.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/TIEFF
We remind readers that the 10th Taiwan International Ethnographic Film Festival will take place from October 4th – 8th, 2019 in Taipei, Taiwan.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry