The Sapporo International Short Film Festival is accepting films until May 13th, 2018. Here you can find more information about their Call for Entry.
The Sapporo International Short Film Festival continues to attract between 2800 and 3500 entries per year across all genres cementing its reputation as one of Japan and Asia`s largest and most respected showcases of short form cinema. The festival offers one of the best opportunities available for filmmakers looking to expose their creative works to large audiences and to submit for appraisal by high profile international jury members in the heart of the burgeoning Asian transnational film scene.
The Japanese and International programs in competition are complimented by specially curated programs by festival and industry partners from around the world, an extensive selection of off- theatre Japanese shorts programs, along with numerous industry workshops and seminars. A total of around 150-200 films are screened each year in competition and in one-off boutique programs.
– Short Films must have been completed after March 1st, 2017.
– Short Films must be 30 minutes or less, including all credits.
– All the submission will be registered to the short film market.
– No premiere status required in Japan and accept web streamed shorts as well.
– Films in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
– Submissions can be done via FilmFreeway or ShortFilmDepot
– Submission Fee (FilmFreeway):
Earlybird Deadline: 10 US$ | Students 10 US$
Regular Deadline: 20 US$ | Students 10 US$
Late Deadline: 35 US$ | Students 25 US$
Earlybird Deadline: February 18th, 2018
Regular Deadline: April 22nd, 2018
Late Deadline: May 13th, 2018
To read more about the Rules and Regulations please follow the next link: http://sapporoshortfest.jp/blogs/festivalupdate/2018/01/ssf2018-opencall.html
We remind readers that the Sapporo International Short Film Festival will take place from October 11th – 14th, 2018 at in Sapporo, Japan.
To see other Call for Entries please go to our section “Call for Entries”.
Categories: call for entry