Dear Asian filmmakers, the International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (Netherlands) is accepting immersive/interactive projects until June 27, 2023, and documentary films until July 13, 2023.
About the festival:
IDFA is the leading festival for the art of documentary film and new media. Every November, the festival presents a trend-setting program of 250 selected titles in six competitions, several thematic sections, a physical exhibition, and a range of live performances. The twelve-day event annually welcomes some 295,000 visits, 3,000 professionals, and 40,000 students to Amsterdam, making it the largest and most influential documentary film festival in the world.
– The festival accepts documentary films and new media projects in any format and of any duration (features and shorts).
– The festival understands documentary film in a broad sense, as a film that deals with reality, including hybrid films and films that rely on real elements as a core component.
– Films must have been completed after July 15, 2022.
– Rejected works-in-progress cannot be resubmitted for the current edition when a newer version is available, nor for the following year.
– Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are not eligible, even if the film has changed significantly since the last time it was submitted.
– Films that have already been screened in the Netherlands, been broadcast on Dutch television or are available via VOD, SVOD or any online platform in the Netherlands are not eligible for the festival.
– The festival prioritizes world, international, European or Dutch premiere, in that order.
– Entry will not be taken into consideration until we receive the completed entry form, screener, and payment of the entry fee
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 29, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.idfa.nl/en/info/festival-entry-regulations
To submit your documentary (feature or short) please visit: https://forms.idfa.nl/forms/46479040-7d2b-4993-ad51-051d8503f233
To submit a new media project or performance please visit: https://forms.idfa.nl/forms/e43a32f6-b957-4158-845d-ae84fc3abb12
We remind readers that the 36th International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam will take place from November 8 – 19, 2023 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply