Dear Asian filmmakers, the CHANEL x BIFF Asian Film Academy (Korea) is accepting short film projects until April 30, 2023. Twenty emerging Asian filmmakers will be able to participate in the program that includes short film production, workshops, mentoring and masterclasses. The completed short films by the fellows will be officially screened at the Busan International Film Festival.
About the initiative:
The ‘Asian Film Academy’, designed to discover the emerging generation of Asian filmmakers and catalyze diverse networks among young talents, now has 383 alumni from 33 countries since 2005. For the past years, the ‘Asian Film Academy’ has been well received by participants as a global educational program to learn the practice and philosophy of filmmaking under the guidance of world-renowned directors and instructors. Its alumni have been recognized for their excellence in the film industry around the world and at the world’s prestigious film festivals.
– Who has Asian nationality, and overseas Korean (Age 18 or older) seeking one’s dream and future in cinema.
– Who has experience in directing, producing, cinematography, editing, production design or sound at least two short films.
– Who can communicate in English.
– Who submits all required documents and supporting materials on time.
– Who can attend all sessions including online pre-production.
– Who has never attended Asian Film Academy / CHANEL X BIFF Asian Film Academy before.
How to Apply:
– Once you fill out your online application form
– Upload requirements below on the form – 1) Scanned letter of recommendation in PDF/JPG format (Optional). 2) Web-link for your portfolio-work. The link must be downloadable, not streaming link.
Application Materials (All documents should be in English)
– Application Form (Application will be accepted until April 30 via online application form only)
– Personal Statement 1) Introduction of yourself in relation to film work. 2) The reason why you wish to attend the program. 3) Your future plans in film work.
– A Letter of Recommendation with the recommender’s contact information & signature * Optional
– Portfolio in directing, producing, cinematography, or other major role (downloadable file(s))
* Must have English subtitle, if its dialogue is not in English
* Accepted video film formats : AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, MPEG-2, or WMV
If you choose to upload a MOV file, make sure that it is not using the Apple ProRes compression.
We do not support reading Apple ProRes files or raw camera formats like ARRI and RED at this time.
* In case of a film over 40 min in length, please make it a 15 min-clip for submission
* Total running time required is under 40 minutes
– The cost for travelling within Asia, accommodation, meals, equipment will be provided to all selected fellows.
– English interview will be conducted via Zoom for those who pass the initial screening.
– Deadline: April 30, 2023 (18:00 pm KST)
– Final Selection Announcement: Early July
– Submission of Short Film Script: July 9, 2023 (18:00 KST)
– Online Pre-production: July 17 – September 23, 2023
– Program Dates: September 24 – October 13, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://bafa.biff.kr/eng/addon/10000001/page.asp?page_num=4375
To submit to the festival please visit: http://guest.biff.kr/submission/bafa/index.asp
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply