Dear Asian filmmakers, the Sheffield Doc Fest (UK) is accepting documentaries until March 3, 2023.
About the festival:
The Sheffield DocFest is the UK’s leading documentary festival and one of the world’s most influential markets for documentary projects. We champion and present the breadth of documentary form – film, television, immersive and art – in the vibrant city of Sheffield each June. They offer makers and audience a place for inspiration, debate, development, learning and challenge. Our programming represents our core values – creativity, empathy, freedom, inclusivity and internationalism.
– The festival accepts short documentaries (under 40 minutes) and feature documentaries (over 40 minutes).
– All films entered must be at minimum a UK Premiere. The film must not be available on any online platform accessible to UK audience. Eligibility for some of the awards may require international or world premiere status.
– Films must have had their world premiere after April 1, 2022.
– The festival accepts multiple entries; each entry will require a separate application form and entry fee.
– Films previously submitted to the festival are not eligible, unless the film has changed significantly with regards to narrative or its art form since last entered.
– Entered films require English dialogue or English subtitles. Transcripts to films or partial translations cannot be accepted when considering the film for the festival.
– The festival accepts Series or episodic work, but must submit a maximum 120 minutes of material as a single previewing link (eg. two 60 minute episode or an entire series of short webisodes).
– Student productions, film and media schools and tertiary institutions are eligible for a discount. For that please contact the festival via films(at)sheffdocfest.com
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HvMKO1CC84snaps24cbDY6BsbttR2Zer/view?usp=sharing
To submit to the festival please visit: https://sheffdocfest.com/festival-entries
We remind readers that the 30th Sheffield DocFest will take place from June 14 – 19, 2023 in Sheffield, UK.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply