The Nippon Connection Japanese Film Festival (Germany) is accepting films until February 15, 2023. * Only for Japanese Filmmakers*
About the festival:
The Nippon Connection Film Festival is the largest showcase of Japanese film worldwide and takes place in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The festival’s aim is to contribute to the development and promotion of Japanese film culture and it presents the whole range of innovative Japanese film art: blockbusters, dramas, animation and experimental films, documentaries as well as short films. Nippon Connection gives special attention to young and innovative talents and independent productions.
– The films participating must be produced in Japan or directed by a Japanese director.
– The festival accepts feature, shorts, documentary, experimental films and music videos and TV Series.
– Films for the Competition Sections (Nippon Cinema, Nippon Visions & Nippon Docs) should have a length of at least 60 minutes.
– Films must have been produced in 2022 or 2023.
– Films must have at least their German Premiere status at this festival.
– The festival accepts these screening formats: DCP, Blu-Ray and Quicktime (NTSC or PAL).
– The screenings material of all submitted films must have either English or German subtitles to be considered for the selection process.
– The festival gives Cash Awards to films in Competition.
– Submission Fee: None
– Deadline: February 15, 2023
– Notification Date: April 23, 2023
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: https://nipponconnection.com/site/assets/files/1204/nc23_regulations.pdf
To submit to the festival please go here: https://nipponconnection.com/en/festival/entry-form/
We remind readers that the 23rd Nippon Connection Japanese Film Festival will take place from June 6 – 11, 2023 in Frankfurt, Germany.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.